Monday, July 29, 2013

Chasing Dreams

To be honest, I am not that happy in my current situation right now. I am actually not happy with my work. It's not that I don't like the people, it's just the corporate world, really, is not my thing. I was talking to my colleague about this and she told me that, if you are not happy, then try to chase your dreams. Don't think of the people who put you down and always tell you that "I don't think you can make it". I just updated my resume and I am still writing my cover letter. I am really scared quite frankly. I told myself, what if I really don't have the capability to be a good professor? And it frustrates me even more if I should submit my resume or not. I am with this company for about nine months already, and still, I am not coping up with the environment.

While I was on my way home a while ago, I was thinking that only those people with money can chase their dreams. Because honestly, when you look at reality, that is really the case because they have the money to enroll themselves with the appropriate training and education to get to what they want. But for the less fortunate ones, I feel sorry about, because the chance of getting to our dreams, is a bit of a 50% chance only. But then, I thought about it again and again, and  maybe it's not just money. You just have to take the risk and chance and everything to achieve your goals. In Filipino, "Kailangan mong tibayan at lakasan ang loob mo para matamo mo ang pangarap mo. Hindi sa lahat ng pagkakataon ay pera lang ang katumbas". What I mean with this Filipino statement is that you have to be strong and courageous within to achieve your goals and reach for your dreams, because money can't everything. Then I thought again that okay, this is it. I will submit my resume on or before August 1, 2013 because I want to chase my dreams.

I WANT TO BE A MATH PROFESSOR.

No comments:

Post a Comment