Wednesday, May 9, 2012

May 8, 2012

Well, it's already the third week of my internship and it seems like there is no progress in my project. Now, my mentor told me that they would prefer a model where the variables are numerical, then I thought to myself that I was wasting time doing logistic regression, because if y(hat) is categorical and the independent variables are all numerical then I should use discriminant analysis because this is way easier. Also, they told me that they need the matrix which SAS can produce using discriminant analysis. WHEW! I wish that my discriminant analysis will be finished soon so that if they find the model invalid or they do not like the discriminant model then I will still have time to do AGAIN logistic regression which I find difficult to handle because I have never studied this before.
~.~
I started doing discriminant analysis and well, things did not turn the way it should be. Assumptions for discriminant analysis were not satisfied. But despite the failed assumptions, I still continued discriminant analysis so that if I did not finish logistic regression in time, I still have my project in discriminant analysis.
~.~
Time flies so fast. A while ago, when I was working for my project, I wasn't doing that much, and I have always wanted to speed up time, but that's quite impossible. But when I figured out how my project should be and started doing it, then time speeds up ad now its 5:14pm. But I will admit that, when my brain got really tired of work, I got really excited because I, at last, have an internet connection and wasted my time in reading blogs and other things in Yahoo News. Though, it was really fun to read "NON-MATH" things once in while. Math is my life, it should be , because it is what I am studying and, hopefully, will study.
~.~
It's 5:24 and I am texting Chubby, to at least enlighten my heavy day. Then I realize that I have done a lot compared to the things that I've done these past few weeks. Well, certainly, I am not working but just writing a blog in NOTEPAD so that I will just copy and paste later or tomorrow or maybe over the weekend. Oh, I forgot to mention that multiply is blocked by the company's server, and facebook too. That's the reason why I am writing a blog here in NOTEPAD.
~.~
I just realized that a while ago, I decided to not eat breakfast, because my dad and my brother is going to fetch me by 7:30 or maybe 8-8:30. So, I'll just use the money that was saved from my breakfast for "BEFORE DINNER SNACK" so that my dad would not nag at me for wasting his time in travelling in traffic. Well, I usually buy some snacks for them, but, financially speaking, I can't do that always because, I only have 500php a week to spend, so I better budget my money very wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment